Thursday, September 3, 2009

Not your ordinary nerd

As of this year, I've read roughly around 13 books. I am so happy to pick up my hobby once more. Most of the books I've read are Sci-Fi/Fantasy. I've always had an intrest in this genre, but never really went full force. Now, I've gone berserk. I must note, though, that I do read murder/mystery novels to get me out of fantasy land.

I just finished "The Way of Shadows" by Brent Weeks. The Night Angel trilogy about assassins in a magicaland. There are witches, magic and fantasy creatures. The author is very descriptive to the point where I see myself skipping over a few lines. I did get confused a little about where certain cities where or what order the government were. After catching on, it's a pretty fun ride.


So now that's finished. I switch on over to "Lost Souls" by Poppy Z. Brite (this book was recommended to me). Totally opposite of the former. A vampire story with crazy ass characters. There are gay scenes and incest. If you are ok with that, then this book is a fun read. It's a dark and emotional read, that I welcome it. It's so different from what is currently out there.






I've been lucky to have found books so opposite of each other. It keeps me wanting more and my imagination flying.

No comments:

Post a Comment